Translate

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Call for help


My cousin Slavo and his wife Martina are pastors of a smaller church in Banska Bystrica, which is a city hour and half from us. They have been asking us to move and help them.for over 10 months now. There is this constant call for help that stirs my heart and mind. They need help with leading youth group or start teenager group and also in other areas in the church. They also have run a Christian school for almost 5 years. They really need somebody to help them reach out both to the students and to their parents. This is an unique opportunity, since they have all these students and parents there for 9 years. They keep inviting us and we love to visit them and spent time with them. Last week I went there to visit a concert of worship and prayers with one of my desciple who played drums that night. It was great to see how God is working among the CHURCH of that city. That night I spent with Slavo talking and praying till midnight. In the morning I walked around the city and prayed about this decision. Please pray with us in this direction. I really want to be obedient to God for the next step. My desire is that we could be sent by the organization I have been serving. I want continue to be a part of Kompas.
I have opened this already at our staff meetings and there is not yet clear YES or NO.
This certainly opens a lot of questions. I have not led a junior or senior high for almost 6 years and I feel like this is what God is leading us to. As a mentor of youth leaders I should have my hands on it myslef.

No comments:

Post a Comment