Translate

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Visiting the Camps.



Summer is the time when we at TCK walk along side the churches by helping them run youth evangelistic camps. It is the time of influencing the local church to get out from building and evangelize, time to grow its leaders, time to find new workes with the passion, time to lead someone to christ, time to play a lot of sports, time to find new friends...
As I write there are 3 camps finishing their first term (Zilina, Liptovsky Hradok, Bratislava). I took my family to visit all 3 of them. On all 3 of these there are around 100 teenagers needing Christ. As the camp is finishing and goodbyes are said pray that each one of these teenagers would continue comming for camp clubs organized by the local church over the whole year.
On our 5 day trip we stayed at tent. To keep the cost down but also for the family experience. We build our tent in the yard of our neighbours (from Zilina) house in Tatra mountains. Through our stay we even celebrated her birthday. It was good fun as she has also 3 children and our kids know each other well. And I have to tell you a story of Viktor.
While we were bilding our tent their small boy (2) and Viktor (3) has decided to go for walk. This is small willage without any dangerous traffic but still there is a small river going through it and there is forest and mountains... well 15 minutes is long time if you can not find your child... but as I was running through the willage and been asking all of the people along my run I soon find that two little boys did walked this path. Very soon I saw them walking down the street with no fear and worrie. It was one of this moments when I just thanked God for protection and care over my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment