Translate

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Training at one of the biggest churches in our Country.


This time we have been invited to LEVICE. Some 150 km away from Zilina. Levice free evangelical church has around 400 members. 5 Teams within their structure that leads youth and their teenagers wanted to grow and learn more about how to this work better. 5 of us from TCK decided to go. For me especially it was a great honour to be involved because there I do have a lot of friends.
We have arrived late night on Friday and was welcomed by those few who initiated our visit. On Saturday morning I taught on very personal topic "How can a leader grow." Then Maruska my college did training on "Unity in the team" followed with the "Roles in the team" and finally "Discipleship". Afternoon was the time for 3 seminars: "How to prepare the speech for youth group", "How to evangelize", and "stewardship". In the evening we led the youth group. After the youth meeting we had several great conversations with local youth.
Please pray for Rasto as he seeks for wisdom on how should he be more active in this chruch. He is one of the leaders that I had chance to pray with after the youth group.
On Sunday at church I was asked to help with the worship. What an honour to be standing in front of so many people. Old, young, all the generations present to give Glory to God. What an honour to help leading to the throne of God. The band requested that this should repeat again pretty soon.
Levice people are gifted in hospitality. So you can imagine how tasty and delicious meals we ate.
Sunday afternoon was dedicated to poetic soiree. My college Maruska was reading from her book that was recently published and Dushan and I we have contributed with our own song. Even local TV station came to do some interview with us.
Two days of intensive time came to an and but we pray that all we said and sang and encouraged would continue to grow for the sake of Gods Kingdom in church of LEVICE.
Sitting in my office now while I am writing this I am just realizing that this is what God calls me for. I can not imagine do anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment